Wednesday, February 8, 2012

[World's Worst Mother Award!]

Martha Stewart called today and gave me the "World's Worst Mother Award!" From 3:15 pm until 5:00 pm I fought with my kids! We fought about everything from homework to who left the pop tart on the floor for the dog to eat. I thought I was going to loose my mind. I sat and thought, "What the heck-these kids are jerks, my kids totally hate me!" (James has been training 2-3 days a week lately to get ready for a fight.) It was time for me to start making supper. I remembered how I wanted to a make desert from a blogger that I love-Kevin and Amanda. http://www.kevinandamanda.com/  Amanda blogged about a Chocolate Chip Lava Cookie recipe (including pictures) that I was dying to try! As I sat in my kitchen thinking about that delicious cookie I began to smile. Not one of those "I'm so happy smiles", but a "Grinch that Stole Christmas Smile." I got out all of the ingredients and started baking from scratch. (I'm a total store-bought kinda girl!) While I made the cookies I began to think about how my kids thought I was the meanest mom in the world! I was totally going to win them over-I wanted to get the award...Best Mom EVER! When the cookies were done I asked them to come help me set the table. It was funny to see their expressions when they asked what I had made for supper. I said, "What, this is your supper!" Hallie said, "Mom, we can't have cookies for Supper!" Keegan then put in his two sense..."Hawie, she is the mom! Can we have cookies mom?"  I then got out the vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and milk. If only I could of recorded the looks on their faces! I did take some pictures, of course! (Jaxon is enjoying every bite while I,last photo, am excited to eat my delicious mouth watering little piece of heaven!) The best part of our supper was hearing them say, "Mom, this is awesome-I can't wait to tell my friends-This is so yummy!" I ended up turning a terrible afternoon unto a wonderful evening with my kids. It was a bit of a task tonight to get them into bed from their sugar rush, but worth the memories we made!
You can also find the recipe on Pinterest.





No comments:

Post a Comment